Glossary of Common Editing Terms
- AI - Artificial Intelligence.
- Cameo/build icon - The image you see in the sidebar, usually with the name underneath
- Comment - anything that appears after a semicolon in the INIs. Not read by the game, they are used to comment on the purpose of code to make it clear for future editing (eg: ;Must use this tag for unit to function).
Note that a double forward slash (//) can also be used instead of a semicolon, as can be seen at the [Radiation], [ElevationModel] and [WallModel] sections and on the Mirage Tank's primary weapon warhead. Note though that the double slash can cause issues with XCC Mod Creator.
- Frame - Time measurement, at middle speed setting 15 frames=1second.
- HVA - A file that dictates the animation of a voxel(if any), and placement of sections. Should a unit only have a VXL file, but no HVA file, the unit will be rendered invisible and use the xxicon.shp (RA2 logo with "Missing Cameo" caption) as it's cameo.
- INI - Text files stored inside of the game controlling various data.
- Section - The part of the INI file describing a certain unit or object. Starts with a [NAME], followed by list of Tag=Value form data.
- SHP - A 2-D object used by the game. Can be an animation, cameo, unit(walker or infantry), or building.
- Unit - Any object ingame. Soldiers, vehicles, aircraft, and vessels.
(original version by DCoder)