The Prerequisite System
The Prerequisite System controls the conditions required to build a certain object. Those conditions are:
- Is this object's TechLevel valid?
- Checks if the TechLevel of the object is above -1 and below [ ]→ .
- Is this house not forbidden from owning this object?
- Checks if the house is not listed in .
- Is this house allowed to own this object?
- Checks if the house is listed in .
- Does this house own all the prerequisite structures?
- Checks if the house owns the prerequisite structures listed in
- Is this object stolen technology?
- If the unit contains =yes, =yes, or =yes, has the apropriate lab get spied upon?
If all conditions are met, the house is theoretically allowed to build that object, signaled by a "New Construction Options" announcement.
Next, the game determines whether the house actually can build the object:
- Does the house own a of the appropriate type?
- Checks whether the house has at least one structure with matching the object's type.
- Can this house own this object?
- Checks if your contains atleast 1 listed as this units .
- If the object in question is a VehicleType, does the house have a with the same setting as the object?
- Checks whether the house has a War Factory if it's trying to build land-based ( ) vehicles, and whether it has a Shipyard if it's trying to build water-based ( ) vehicles.
Note: If you do not have the appropriate type of NCO bug., but all other prerequisites are fulfilled, you will probably experience the
- If an object has a BuildingType (or multiple BuildingTypes) set, a house will be allowed to build the object as soon as it possesses any single one of those listed BuildingTypes, no matter what prerequisites the object usually requires. (Hence the name.)
- The same applies to objects from buildings: If a house gains an object through a Secret Lab, it will be allowed to build that object immediately, no matter what prerequisites the object usually requires. Such an object will be buildable even if it has set.
- In addition, AI players do not check and tags when they're trying to build the Power Plants listed under , , .
- AI players also ignore all ai(md).ini file (the order of BuildingTypes is controlled by different methods covered here). settings except on all other objects, they build objects in the order dictated by the
All cases under the presumption that the house owns a factory of the appropriate type.
A "prerequisite group" refers to a list of structures, and any single one of them is sufficient to fulfill the "prerequisite group". The following "prerequisite groups" are valid:
- POWER (corresponds to )
- PROC (corresponds to and )
- BARRACKS (corresponds to )
- FACTORY (corresponds to )
- RADAR (corresponds to )
- TECH (corresponds to )
In Firestorm, two additional groups were available:
- GDIFACTORY (corresponds to )
- NODFACTORY (corresponds to )
==RP's 'NEW' Prerequisite System stuff[RockPatch is obsolete; please remove this template from the page] ==
- If anything on this list is owned by the player, then the object can't be built.
- A Clone of =, if all items on either =, or AlternatePrerequisite= are owned by the player, then the = condition is considered to be met. (on a side note, more of these clones are wanted)
- SovietAdvancedPower= RPCE only.
- Revival of =, but with a new name so as to not conflict with the un-modded game, thereby not allowing the Soviets to build the Nuclear Reactor, which by default is not on that tag, instead the tag is set to NAAPWR, the TS Nod Advanced Power Plant. Basically this tag allows the Soviets to build their 'Advanced Power Plant' when they are low on power, instead of lots of regular Power Plants, as long as they meet the prerequisites for that Advanced Power Plant. in RP v1.10 this was replaced with the new PowerPlants= tag.
- This is the new version of GDIPowerPlant=, NodRegularPower= and ThirdPowerPlant= listed under the sides header ([GDI], [Nod] and [ThirdSide] are the default 3). Although this is automaticly mapped to the original 3 tags for the original 3 sides, FourthPowerPlant is Obsolete.
- This is a list of power plants per side under the sides header , which lists BuildingType that are randomly selected when that side requires extra power.
- New stolen tech logic based on =yes, =yes, and =yes, which allows the modder to specify a new structure that needs to be spied upon to obtain this unit. the building you need to spy on also requires the tags IsStolenTech=yes and Spyable=yes
- A new prerequisite logic based on the theater of the map you are currently playing. This enables modders to make certain structures or units available in, for example, arctic maps only. This, however, does not work correctly with the AI. The available options for this tag are:
- TEMPERATE - the Temperate theater (most maps).
- SNOW - the Arctic theater (snowy maps).
- URBAN - the Urban theater (some city maps).
- DESERT - the Desert theater (, some desert maps, older ones use Temperate).
- LUNAR - the Lunar theater (, Soviet Mission 5).
- NEWURBAN - the New Urban theater (, most YR Urban maps).
Note: Other items may have been planned, or wished for future RP versions, but only completed items are on this list.